- Assist in the planning and coordination of public information and news media activities for Office of Electricity (OE) which has high visibility internationally, nationally, and regionally.
- Draft research findings, technical articles, news releases, press releases, and other materials for release to the media, including materials for the Department's social media vehicles.
- Provide support and press coordination at events where the press is present.
- Apply writing or editing skills and substantial knowledge of the basic principles and specialized vocabulary of electricity transmission, reliability and/or security to generate accurate communication of scientific and technological developments to expert and other interested audiences.
- Conduct research and draft materials related to electricity technology and policy that support OE's and the Department's Congressional interactions, conferring and working with the Department's Congressional Affairs organization including the drafting and/or coordinating sections of OE's Congressional testimony for hearings, and Questions for the Record.