- The incumbent serves as the designated telecommunications specialist for WAPA's power facilities.
- He/she will be responsible for the planning and design of major multi‑state microwave, mobile radio systems, telephony, telemetry and fiber optic systems necessary for power operations within WAPA.
- The position also includes: preparing and reviewing designs, drawings, interfaces and quantity estimates for communications and control systems for WAPA facilities;
- preparing technical specifications and evaluations; performing microwave and fixed radio system path profile, antenna heights, and path budget analysis;
- design and engineering consultation for coordination with the military, Department of Energy, Department of Interior, Department of Agriculture, and the National Telecommunications Information Agency (NTIA) for microwave and radio telecommunication systems;
- recommending policy, procedures, guidelines and standards for the design and operation of telecommunication systems, including the technical review of these programs; administering and managing WAPA’s frequency spectrum program; providing communication related software/database development and support.