- Solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and award contracts with commercial organizations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, and State, local or foreign governments for furnishing products, services, construction or research and development to the Federal Government
- Administer contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties.
- Terminate contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals
- Analyze and evaluate cost or price proposals and accounting systems data
- Plan, establish, or review contracts, programs, policies, or procedures
- Formulate and administer policies and procedures to ensure achievement of Federal socioeconomic goals, such as those affecting small business, labor surplus areas, and disadvantaged business firms
- Develop acquisition strategies and direct or manage procurements
- Provide staff advisory services in one or more of the specializations in this occupation