- Provide scientific advice and guidance to officials, managers, scientists, and engineer.
- Serve as an expert for a significant segment of a specific area in one or more of the following: advanced scientific computing research; basic energy sciences; biological and environmental research; fusion energy sciences; high energy physics; nuclear physics; and workforce development.
- Provide technical guidance on proposed research projects and programs of interest.
- Coordinate, implement, and evaluate segments of research programs in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assemble essential information on topics of assigned segments of research through