Analytical Lab Chemist
How would you like to provide chemical analysis of construction and maintenance materials used for transportation infrastructure? At MnDOT we will provide you with a lot of variety. Our work is interesting. In this position you will work in the Office of Materials and Road Research providing expertise to MnDOT Materials Engineering Section, MnROAD Research and District personnel.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· 11 paid holidays per year
· Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
· Earn 13 days paid sick time
· Defined pension plan
· Paid life insurance
· Short & long-term disability available
· Training opportunities
· And more!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry and a minimum of two years of professional level experience working in a chemistry laboratory setting. (Master’s Degree in Chemistry may substitute for one year of experience)
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, techniques of organic, inorganic and analytical chemistry sufficient to carry out complex chemical analysis.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions, formulas, and charts.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computer and analytical software programs.