A northwest Austin learning center is looking for a Python instructor to teach/coach a group of bright middle/high school students in learning programming languages and building fun projects.
About the position:
Your students will be a group of bright middle and high school students who are passionate to be future scientists, engineers and inventors. Instructors will be responsible for planning and leading classes on Python to highly motivated students. Days of instruction will be Saturday 1:30-3:00pm.
- Write lesson plans and prepare materials for all class sessions
- Engage all students in program activities
- Have reliable transportation and arrive at all classes in a timely manner for set-up and preparation
- Help every student troubleshoot programming and projects.
Successful candidates will have the following:
· You are passionate in helping young and bright students achieve their goals. You enjoy motivating, teaching, and coaching students and seeing their progress and achievements.
· Teaching experience preferred and be able to demonstrate ability to plan and follow a curriculums
· Ability to keep a classroom full of students engaged in the learning process. In other words, you must have strong communications skills.
· Be a skilled in Python.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $40.00 - $45.00 per hour
All class will be online and can be performed remotely.