Carbon Markets Intern
The position will support CCAP’s carbon markets policy work. S/he will provide research, analysis, report-writing and conference-preparation support for CCAP’s projects focused on climate change mitigation policies. S/he will have the opportunity to contribute to research and analysis in support of national policy recommendations and international thought leadership in one or more of the following areas. The position will have contact with policymakers and other experts, and will participate in cutting-edge climate change policy work. This is a paid part-time position (16-24 hours per week). The intern will report to CCAP Policy Director.
· Research and quantitative analysis on developing-country policies
· Policy analysis and writing
· Preparation support for workshops and stakeholder meetings
· Interaction with outside technical consultants, experts, and international policymakers on various assignments
The intern will support one or more projects, for example:
· Carbon Markets/Best Practices – Perform literature review of international and domestic carbon markets; review and summarize pilot cooperative approaches; help evaluate approaches to implementing cooperative approaches; evaluate implications of different rules and guidelines for implementing carbon markets; help plan workshops and dialogues on these topics.
· Carbon Markets/Program Development – Support research and analysis for the design and implementation of new carbon markets projects; help plan meetings and mission trips.
· Current graduate student from a program in public policy, international relations, economics, environmental science or related field
· Coursework or experience in climate change and energy policy required
· Excellent research, quantitative analysis and writing skills required
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to quickly get up to speed on technical issues
· Fluency in Spanish, including the ability to speak and write to policy audiences.