Fall Internship - Forum Network
WGBH's Forum Network serves the public with free, online access to video recordings of lectures and presentations by the world's foremost scholars, authors, artists, scientists, policymakers and community leaders. Previous speakers include authors Stephen King, Isabel Allende, technologist Andrew McAfee and photographer Annie Leibovitz.
The Forum Network desk is situated within WGBH News, where interns have access to reporters, editors and producers. The internship provides the opportunity for a budding digital producer to present some of the best work public media has to offer.
The Forum Network Internship will provide opportunities for students to learn about the many aspects of video recording and digital production in a vibrant newsroom. The Forum Network Intern will help WGBH Forum Network meet its ultimate goal: to connect online learners to relevant, primary source interviews and lectures.
This is a full time, 40 hours/week internship for Fall 2020.
- Produce and edit content to post online, culling from incoming and archived lectures recorded around Boston.
- Write for the Forum Network email
- Work on social media campaigns
- Pitch & create digital articles for WGBHNews.org
- Develop video shooting and editing skills by covering talks from authors, academics and celebrity speakers
- Enthusiasm to create digital media (video and photo editing software a plus)
- Social media savvy
- A taste for consuming news and for learning online
- Experience creating video
- An eye for photography
- Experience with video editing software and operation of HD cameras is a plus
Paid Internship $15/hour (Full Time 40 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: