Fall Internship - 89.7 Radio News
WGBH Radio 89.7FM broadcasts local, national, and international news and talk shows all day from 5AM to 8PM. WGBH News team covers and produces local and national news including in-depth feature stories and interviews, covering a wide range of topics.
The 89.7 News Intern with work with the Producer and newsroom team to learn about how a local newsroom operates. They will have the opportunity to shadow and learn from radio reporters to report, write and produce news stories.
- Provide writing and research for the news anchor/producer during the broadcast of NPR's Morning Edition and/or All Things Considered.
- Re-write and freshen local news copy from the wire services for use in local newscasts.
- Duties may also include researching specific news topics, the results of which will be used in news content or for interviews.
- Additional duties may i making outcalls to newsmakers to arrange interviews for the local host/producer.
- Duties may also include researching specific news topics, the results of which will be used in news stories that will air on WGBH’s Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and hourly newscasts on 89.7 FM.
- Must be able to write clear, accurate news copy on deadline.
- Familiarity with audio recording equipment and editing software is desired.
- Ability to write newscast quality copy from AP and other sources using AP Style writing with proper attribution.
- Knowledge of news, current events and lawmakers/government leaders at the local, state, and national level.
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time up to 20 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: