Fall Internship - Frontline Impact
Since 1983, FRONTLINE has served as PBS's flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its debut as 'the last best hope for broadcast documentaries, FRONTLINE's stature over 30 seasons is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. The FRONTLINE editorial team oversees the production of 20 new programs a season.
FRONTLINE’s journalism features a range of content formats including feature films, short films, podcasts, and interactive projects. Desired applicants will be passionate about journalism, national and global issues, documentary films, civics, as well as outreach to regions and communities that involve multi-platform efforts. Previous experience in PR, marketing, and social media is a plus.
During the internship, the candidate will learn about impact campaigns and outreach strategies to communities via various forms of journalism, and how to develop creative collaborations and programs centered on education and raising public awareness.
- Research on national and global issues, as well as communities/audiences, venues, screening and program hosts, and potential participants
- Support for film screenings/public discussion programs, and impact campaign management
- Contributing to the development of campaign materials and resources
- Drafting program information for reports
- Help with award submissions
- General office administrative support (i.e. preparing for meetings)
- Excellent research, writing, communication, and graphic design skills
- Interest or experience in community outreach
- Good interpersonal skills or customer service experience
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time up to 20 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: