You will serve as Chief of Staff and playing a vital and critical role in advising the Deputy Administrator and other top Agency officials on key management and program issues and decision-making processes primarily as they relate to all aspects of the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Fair Trade Practices Program (FTPP).
- The duties described are for the full-performance level.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews and evaluates a broad range of program management issues and concerns.
- Serves as a conduit for communication and tracks progress and ensures proper and timely attention is devoted to high level, high priority, urgent, and/or controversial issues.
- Coordinates multiple-program efforts, insuring appropriate representation and transmission of FTPP plans and policies.
- Serves as FTPP's primary point of contact with USDA's Office of Congressional Relations regarding legislative issues and congressional correspondence and requests for information.
- Creates and manages a communications plan for the Program and works closely with USDA's Office of Communications to implement.
- Oversees the administrative support staff of the Program Office of the Deputy Administrator.
- Monitors the status of projects and actions of interest to the Deputy Administrator and provides periodic status reports in various forms.
- Insures the preparation of a broad range of information resource documents critical to policy and decision-making processes at the Program level and beyond.