Director of Nursing at LFHC
A dedicated person to teach compassionate care to the next generation of nurses is wanted at Lao Friends Hospital for Children (LFHC), a 45+ bed acute pediatric hospital situated in Lao PDR. It is operated by Friends Without A Border, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality compassionate healthcare to the children in remote areas of Southeast Asia. Since its opening in 2015, LFHC is offering emergency, inpatient, outpatient, basic surgical services as well as specialized clinics to the children of northern Laos.
Position Summary :
The Director of Nursing at LFHC will manage all aspects of nursing within the hospital ensuring that the organization, and professional standards of nursing are developed to the highest level possible. Additionally, will collaborate and provide direction in conjunction with the nursing educator all aspects of nursing education at LFHC. The Director of Nursing will have an active role in the design and implementation of clinical practice guidelines and the introduction of policies and procedures that will ensure the delivery of safe, efficient and effective clinical care.
Together with the other members of the LFHC Executive, the Director of Nursing will provide leadership and strategic direction to the hospital. They will be actively involved in the planning, development and operationalization of strategic planning and quality assurance models along with new clinical services.
• Manage all aspects the LFHC nursing team with a focus on providing education, training and professional development
• Develop leadership within the Lao nursing team to enable sustainable Laotian management
• Recruit, support and guide international nursing volunteers
• Closely work with the other executive members to ensure LFHC has a coordinated multidisciplinary clinical team that provides safe
and effective clinical care to children
• Supervise the infection control hospital activity
• Assist in the development of both nursing specific and hospital wide medical policies, protocols and practice guidelines
1. A university degree in Nursing from a recognized training institution
2. Recent acute pediatric clinical experience in a hospital setting
3. Nursing management experience
4. Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to patients
5. A high degree of cultural awareness
6. Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
7. Willing to work in a multicultural team
1. International experience in providing pediatric nursing care
2. Experience in teaching RNs in a developing country setting with English as their second language
Salary and Benefits:
Housing allowance; health insurance, travel allowance; and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please email a cover letter, resume and three references from past employers with the subject line "Director of Nursing" to email@example.com
Visit www.fwab.org/laos for further information. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.