Digital Marketing Intern
Raise Your Hand Texas is hiring a digital marketing intern for the 2020 fall semester to support the organization’s social media and design efforts. This intern will research the latest social media trends; schedule posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; and assist with creating engaging graphics and email newsletters. This person should be a digital native who thrives on learning new platforms and engaging with audiences. To succeed in this role, this person must be self-motivated, organized, creative, and have strong written and verbal skills.
Role and Responsibilities
Social Media and Promotion Support:
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Coordinator to advance Raise Your Hand Texas’ social/digital presences
- Schedule posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram through Sprout Social and Later
- Research, support, and implement social strategies and tools to grow, engage, and optimize Raise Your Hand Texas’ channels
- Write video captions for social media, YouTube, and Vimeo
- Develop direct promotional contact lists for our featured stories
- Assist with social media and website analytics
Graphic Design and Digital Support:
- Work closely with graphic designers to create compelling graphics for social/digital presences
- Design eye-catching social media cards and graphics (e.g. interactive Instagram stories, GIPHY stickers, Twitter cards, GIFs, etc.)
- Digital/social media image layout and design
- Create email newsletters using Campaign Monitor
- Adding alt text to images on WordPress
- Uploading, organizing, and maintaining imagery in creative asset management system and internal server
Must Have ...
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, or other related field
- Advanced understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Previous experience with social media marketing tools (HootSuite, SproutSocial, Socialbakers, etc.)
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite design tools, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Close attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Alignment with the core beliefs and mission of Raise Your Hand Texas
- Familiarity with, and commitment to improving, the Texas K-12 public school system
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Based in Austin, Texas
Nice to Have ...
- Previous internship experience
- SEO or SEM knowledge
- Google Analytics experience
- Experience with WordPress, HTML/CSS
- Experience with email builders (Campaign Monitor, Mailchimp, HubSpot, etc.)
- Video editing and/or animation skills, Adobe Premiere or Adobe After Effects preferred
About Raise Your Hand Texas:
The Raise Your Hand Texas Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with two distinct but related missions. First, we support programmatic initiatives structured to identify, pilot, and scale systemic improvements in public education. Second, we support public policy solutions that invest in our students, encourage innovation and autonomy, and improve college and workforce readiness.
The future of Texas – our economy, communities, and citizenry – depends on how well we prepare our students today. All students deserve a level playing field and equal access to a quality public education. We believe our public schools represent our greatest hope for educating and preparing all 5+ million Texas students for the future.
If you’re ready to get engaged, join us to help strengthen and improve public schools for all Texas students. Because the future of Texas is in our public schools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Raise Your Hand Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability), medical condition (including cancer, genetic characteristics and as otherwise defined under applicable law), veteran or military status, marital status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. All such discrimination is unlawful. In addition, Raise Your Hand prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected by law. Raise Your Hand's commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Raise Your Hand and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Raise Your Hand, including supervisors and coworkers. This policy applies to all employment decisions and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, performance review, training, transfer, facilities, compensation, benefits, programs and terminations. We are committed to equal opportunity. We believe that an environment in which diversity is valued and encouraged allows all employees an opportunity to succeed and to contribute to Raise Your Hand Texas’ success.