Join MJ for Texas as a Political Organizer to take part in a key US Senate race for the 2020 cycle. MJ for Texas is looking for highly energized and organized applicants for the role of Political Organizers.
Political Organizers will support the political team in building and engaging coalition groups, maintaining relationships with activists and stakeholders on behalf of the campaign, and building and facilitating events both with and without MJ Hegar. This is a full-time, paid position in various locations in Texas. This position reports to the Deputy Political Director. This position location is flexible within the state given the current circumstances. Applicants in cities statewide are encouraged to apply.
- Support and execute coalition groups outreach, including working closely with stakeholders and organizing events
- Assist with regular outreach to stakeholders and activists, including notifications about upcoming events and engagement opportunities
- Manage political interns and volunteers
- Support and own miscellaneous political projects
- 0-1 years of experience in organizing or relevant work for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, elected official, or non-profit (including internships and volunteer work)
- Applicants who value communication and teamwork, especially with team members across the state, will be a good fit for the position
- Exceptional people skills, and an ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Strong personal organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively within a flexible, adapting, and fast-paced work environment
- Has strong time management skills: can balance irregular hours and weekend responsibilities
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Political Organizer -- YOUR NAME”