Work-Study: Student Associate
To assist the UT Office of Accounting, Student Accounts Receivable, Institutional Loans section.
General Job Duties:
- Pick up mail at campus post office and sort
- Process returned mail including Returned Check returned mail
- Review imaged documents as needed
- Complete special projects as assigned
Federal and Institutional Loans Duties:
- Fold and insert daily statements for institutional loans for mailing
- Filing for loans
- Looking up past due Perkins and Murray Case Sells borrowers on Student Clearinghouse website to see if they are enrolled elsewhere
- Verifying the collection agency turnover reports sent to us to make sure balances match RBA
- Downloading and verifying the collection agency close and return reports to make sure the loans are closed on our system and changed to MPCA or PIF
- Downloading and reviewing the collection agency reports with address changes and updating borrowers’ addresses in NRRECS as needed
- Mail Perkins loan paid in full letters
- Fold and insert for mail weekly federal and institutional loan letters
- Fold and insert for mail monthly Perkins loan grace letters
- Prepare and mail Exit Counseling packets for Perkins loans
- File purging (according to records retention schedule).
- Reviewing Engineering Co-Op list for current Perkins borrowers in internships
- Post weekly collection agency invoices and prepare vouchers
- Assist with mailing annual 1098-E forms to borrowers
Location: Main Building (MAI).