Job Placement Specialist – VRNA
August 10, 2020
Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council is a non-profit organization formed by the Native American Tribes of Wisconsin. We serve all WI tribes by providing administration of grant-funded programs either directly or with sub grants. Programs range from Child and Maternal services to Education to Disability and Elder benefits. Our Mission is: To Enhance the Quality of Life for all Native People.
Job Placement Specialist – Vocational Rehabilitation for Native Americans
Provide full range of vocational rehabilitation services to eligible Native Americans with disabilities, to achieve successful employment outcomes in the assigned Tribal communities. Develop and implement placement and training projects with Tribal businesses to place consumers of Vocational Rehabilitation in employment opportunities. Daily attendance is an essential job function. Extensive travel is required.
- Provide screening, training and support of Vocational Rehabilitation for Native Americans (VRNA) in employment efforts.
- Communicate effectively with the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors to align services and goals for clients.
- Coach and counsel clients in all aspects of career transition by developing and implementing job search focus, vocational exploration, targeted resume development, and interview assessment/ preparation.
- Coordinate job opportunities with potential employers including tribal, public and private businesses.
- Develop and implement on-the-job training programs.
- Initiate and maintain ongoing contacts with a variety of businesses. Develop job leads through cold calling employers, networking and online sources.
- Provide follow up services to the client and employer and continue to provide supporting services until a successful closure is filed.
- Record all necessary documentation for casework activities and produce required reports as needed.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities may be considered. Required: Associates degree in vocational rehabilitation, counseling, human services, social work or related field. Minimum of two years’ experience in job placement, recruitment, vocational rehabilitation or human services. Preferred: Experience with a Native American Tribal organization and/or not-for-profit agency. Individual must possess: excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional demeanor and appearance; problem solving skills; ability to manage time effectively; self-motivation skills; ability to build positive work relationships with internal and external customers; ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people. Individual must possess excellent language skills and be able to read and understand technical information. Must be able to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide). Must possess valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation with adequate insurance and ability to travel.
This is a full-time salaried exempt position working Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. The office location for this position is Lac du Flambeau, but will also serve all WI Tribes and Lac Vieux Desert. Weekly travel will be required. The salary range is $35,000 - $40,000 annually (based on education and experience) with benefits including Annual/Personal Leave, Holiday Pay, Health, Dental, Life, STD and LTD Insurance, FSA and 401(k) Retirement Plan. Background check and drug screen are required before employment. Due to COVID-19, a period of self-isolation may be required if relocating to the area.
*Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) is an equal opportunity employer that applies Native American Preference as defined in Section 703(i) of the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. § 2000e-2(i). Consistent with the referenced Native American Preference, it is the policy of GLITC to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications of the job applied for, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law. As an equal opportunity employer, GLITC intends to comply fully with all federal and state laws and the information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. Disabled applicants may request a needed accommodation from the representative of the Human Resource Department, PO Box 9 Lac Du Flambeau, WI 54538 or phone (715) 588-1069 or (800) 472-7207.
**Closing date is 9/4/20**