Fall Internship - American Experience Digital/Post Production
For 30 years, American Experience has been television’s most-watched history series. Hailed as “peerless” (The Wall Street Journal), “the most consistently enriching program on television” (Chicago Tribune), and “a beacon of intelligence and purpose” (Houston Chronicle), the series brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that have shaped America’s past and present. AMERICAN EXPERIENCE also creates original digital content which uses new forms of storytelling to connect our collective past with the present.
The American Experience Digital/Post Production intern will work with the American Experience digital (primarily) and post production departments.
- Assist the digital team with research for content such as articles, infographics and short videos
- Draft and edit copy for the series website
- Assist with website updates
- Assist with digital content production
- Assist with archival image and film research
- Assist with rights clearances
- Provide general support to Digital team
- Video and audio review of post production media assets prior to distribution (e.g. digital film masters, promos, lifts, event and press clips)
- Work closely with the production coordinator to organize and archive media
- Interest in American history
- Strong research, organizational & planning skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Understanding of journalistic standards and practices
- Basic video production skills a plus
- Basic graphic design skills a plus
- Strong understanding of and interest in social media platforms and trends
Internship (Part-time 20 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: