Financial Assistance/Federal Career Placement Program for Physician Assistant Students with the U.S. Public Health Service
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons
U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
Would you like to be paid a salary AND receive full service benefits while in your last year of school?
You are GUARANTEED a career in your field after graduation!
Pursue the Senior Commissioned Officer Student Training & Externship Program (SRCOSTEP) through the US Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps with a sponsorship from the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP).
- Become a Commissioned Corps Officer
- Full salary, is based on current year US Military Pay Chart averaging between $3400 - $8000/mo. to start - includes non-taxable Basic Allowances for Housing (BAH) depending on school zip code.
- No Cost Health Care - Tricare
- 30 days paid leave per year
- Malpractice coverage
- Mobility – maintain a valid license in one state or territory, and work at any of our facilities. BOP Area Map
- Continuing Education allowances (per agency)
For more information on the USPHS, qualifications, benefits, and how to apply, please visit www.usphs.gov/about-us. For more information on the BOP, please visit www.bop.gov/about.
Application window: June 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020
Qualifications: Physician assistant students graduating in 2022
Handshake will redirect applicants to our online application system.
If you have any questions, please contact a USPHS BOP/SRCOSTEP Recruiter at:
Students: Your opinion is important. We ask for your help in completing the following 5-minute Google Survey to improve the SRCOSTEP program to better fit your needs. Survey link: https://forms.gle/mkB4KReYfoeqZf467
The Federal Bureau of Prisons is an equal opportunity employer