Commercial Real Estate Acquisition and Financial Analyst
Due to increased growth in Acumen Companies’ CRE portfolio, we are seeking an experienced Commercial Real Estate Acquisition and Financial Analyst who is ready to bring their skills and background to this new role. As a part of the team, you will work closely with senior management in the pursuit of new investment opportunities, as well as the asset management of owned deals. Primary responsibilities will include underwriting and preparing valuation models for potential multifamily acquisition opportunities as well as conducting ongoing risk monitoring the existing portfolio. Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of commercial real estate underwriting and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
As an Acquisitions Analyst, your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working directly with senior management to evaluate multi-family real estate investment opportunities throughout the United States
- Responsible for underwriting and preparing valuation models for potential acquisitions as well as making presentations to senior management to assess and discuss potential acquisitions
- Coordinating with brokers and/or joint venture partners to gather all necessary materials for target acquisitions
- Develop preliminary opinion on potential acquisition target valuation incorporating all provided materials
- Prepare quarterly reports comparing actual to budgeted performance
- Analyze monthly property-level financial statements
- Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting to senior management
- Perform and/or assist with special projects as needed by management
Who you are and what you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related fields (1-3 years of relevant experience preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & excellent financial modeling skills
- Strong research skills and aptitude to understand the dynamics of various locations, submarkets, economic conditions and financial markets
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with real estate brokers, investors and senior managers
- Organized and efficient, with a strong ability to define priorities and figure out the processes necessary to get work done.
- Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently
- Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility, entrepreneurship and uncompromising personal integrity
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, with a strong sense of urgency and self-management discipline
- Must be a confident, team player who listens to internal and external input but can take decisive action
What you get by joining our team:
- Base Salary and reimbursement of expenses towards health, dental, and vision insurance as well as other incurred expenses.
- Events and Education: you will receive up to $1,000 in reimbursement per year for access to different databases, memberships, and industry events (DCBIA, ULI, BISnow, WBJ, etc.). Our goal is to help you expand your network and industry knowledge, both of which we hope contributes to professional fulfillment.
- Cell Phone: we’re on the go - a lot. Because of that, we’ve also got your cell phone expenses covered.
- Credit Card: thinking about a new credit card that has amazing benefits? When you join our team, you become eligible for the American Express Business Platinum Card and its listed rewards ($200 uber credit, $200 airline credit, 35% points back on flights, access to hundreds of airline lounges, the list goes on). We pay for the $595 annual fee.
- Great Work Space: we are proud to call our nation’s capital our home. We feed off the energy of working in Washington, D.C., at the epicenter of innovation and national discourse. Our office is located in the heart of downtown, steps away from the White House and every metro line. Our team occupies a penthouse space, which has access to the roof, for those who enjoy lunch with a view.
- Working Environment: Our office boasts snacks and drinks, a coffee bar, monthly happy hours, a meditation room, studio work space (floating co-working space), an on-site gym with showers and a locker room, and access to the newest technology platforms.