ETL Developer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of the company’s data storage needs.
- Presenting the company with warehousing options based on their storage needs.
- Designing and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications.
- Conducting preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted.
- Extracting company data and transferring it into the new warehousing environment.
- Testing the new storage system once all the data has been transferred.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Providing maintenance support.
ETL Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of coding languages including Java, XML, and SQL.
- Proficiency in warehousing architecture techniques including MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, DM, and EDW.
- Proven work experience as an ETL Developer.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to analyze a company’s big-picture data needs.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.