Communications Intern | TEPHINET
TEPHINET, a program of The Task Force for Global Health, is offering an internship opportunity to a college or university undergraduate or graduate student from August through December 2020.
Note: The Task Force for Global Health employees are working remotely until January 4, 2021. This internship is a remote position.
The Task Force for Global Health is a nonprofit organization affiliated with Emory University. Since 1984, it has been working to improve health and human development around the world. The Task Force has a legacy of creating successful partnerships that address global and domestic health problems.
Formed in 1997, Training Programs in Epidemiology and Public Health Interventions Network (TEPHINET) is a global network of 73 Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) working across more than 100 countries to advance global health security by increasing countries’ capacities to detect and respond to outbreaks. Our vision is that all people are protected by a field epidemiology workforce capable of detecting and responding to health threats.
TEPHINET is seeking a Communications Intern to assist with communications projects. Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, the Communications Intern will support the development of program and event websites, newsletters and reports; assist in the creation of communications materials for conferences and events; collect and categorize public health resources and project information for sharing via communications channels; and perform administrative and other duties as assigned. The Communications Intern may have the opportunity to contribute to specific projects depending on skills and interest.
- Assist in the development of web copy and publications
- Assist in collecting information (through surveys, web research, and file searches) for inclusion in various communications materials
- Update and maintain databases of communications assets
- Assist in creating communications materials for TEPHINET conferences
- Participate in, and assist with planning, virtual events and meetings
- Provide support in graphics, photography and video production if candidate has these skills
- Copyedit documents written by native and non-native English speakers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Internship applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in public health, epidemiology, anthropology, journalism, communications, English, marketing, or a related field
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills and, preferably, a knack for storytelling using data
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and juggle competing projects
- Have an understanding of and interest in global health or public health
- Work well in highly diverse, cross-cultural settings
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, French, or another language besides English
- Skills in graphic design, photography and/or videography
- Experience using Drupal, MailChimp, and Canva software
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software
- Experience working in communications/marketing and/or global or public health
About The Task Force for Global Health
We focus on neglected tropical diseases, vaccines, field epidemiology, public health informatics, and health workforce development.
The Task Force for Global Health is an Emory University affiliate located in Decatur, GA. Its eight programs focus on building robust public health systems that serve all people. Program areas include neglected tropical diseases, vaccines, and health systems strengthening. The Task Force for Global Health was recognized for its extraordinary contributions to alleviating human suffering with the 2016 Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize, the world's largest award of its kind. The Task Force is ranked among the largest nonprofits in the United States due to in-kind contributions of medicines and vaccines from major pharmaceutical companies valued at billions of dollars annually.