Intern (Fall 2020 Remote)
The Alhambra-U.S. Chamber is proud to offer an internship program in conjunction with the Global Impact Initiative geared for young professionals and students looking to broaden their knowledge and skills in international education and business. Motivated, energetic part-time volunteer interns will work remotely from anywhere in the world.
The Chamber promotes educational, cultural, and diplomatic interaction between the US and other nations. Its founders include a former US Ambassador and a former Texas Secretary of State, top tier educators, and business professionals, among others.
The Chamber is an NGO with a proven record of business creation, management, and execution, while the GII is a newly founded nonprofit aiming to empower underserved individuals locally, nationally, and internationally. An intern can choose between the two entities for the internship experience that fits their interests and aspiring career paths.
Are you a positive team player?
Do you have a proven record of juggling responsibilities and managing your time strategically?
Are you a reliable self-starter?
If you answered “yes” to all three of the above questions, we would love for you to join our team! Interns typically wear two or more hats at our organizations--check out the positions below and see which interests you:
Marketing Interns (NGO and Nonprofit)
- Work on financial modeling, developing a go-to marketing strategy, business scaling, and comparative analysis
- Conduct analysis to promote growth in terms of revenue, market share and brand value
Social Media Interns (NGO and Nonprofit)
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Create graphics and flyers to be posted on these platforms
Website/SEO Interns (NGO and Nonprofit)
- Assist the web designers in posting updates to the website
- SEO to increase traffic and generate leads
Research Interns (NGO and Nonprofit)
- Conduct various types of research to advance projects. Types of research may include: market research, competitive research, feasibility analysis, correlational and comparative research, etc.
- Oversee the evolution of research-based projects, providing valuable feedback for the development/implementation of projects, such as risk assessments, strategic planning, etc.
Project Interns (NGO and Nonprofit)
- Support and/or lead various projects based on client needs and the organization’s missions
- Support the research and outreach tasks for projects that are the immediate priorities
Blog Intern (NGO and Nonprofit)
- Write bi-weekly blogs for the Alhambra-U.S. Chamber website and the Global Impact Initiative website to generate traffic for the website and leads for potential clients
- Research informational topics
Development Interns (Nonprofit)
- Support grant writing and fundraising efforts
Operations and Management Interns (NGO and Nonprofit)
- Assist on tasks that improve the productivity of the remote work environment, including but not limited to maintaining and improving task management systems, conducting meetings, assisting in the back-end operations of the internship, etc.
This is an unpaid internship. You volunteer your time and talent, while the Chamber and GII leadership provide mentorship, networking, and exposure for your aspiring career path. You will have flexible hours (minimum of 12 hours/week) that best fit your schedule.
Think you would find yourself right at home here? Apply now!
Applying from an external site (Handshake, Indeed, etc.)? Submit your resume, then submit the full application on our website at https://alhambrauschamber.org/internships.
*Note: Your application will be considered only if you have completed the application on our website.