Fall Internship - American Experience Administration/ Post Production
For 30 years, American Experience has been television’s most-watched history series. Hailed as “peerless” (The Wall Street Journal), “the most consistently enriching program on television” (Chicago Tribune), and “a beacon of intelligence and purpose” (Houston Chronicle), the series brings to life the incredible characters and epic stories that have shaped America’s past and present. AMERICAN EXPERIENCE also creates original digital content which uses new forms of storytelling to connect our collective past with the present.
The American Experience Admin/Post Production intern will work with the American Experience admin (business and legal) and post production departments.
- Video and audio review of post production media assets prior to distribution – the intern would be tasked to be an additional set of eyes and ears in the review process of media assets such as digital film masters, promos, lifts, event and press clips.
- Archival Research and Rights Info – help editors in finding archival media to use in long lead teasers, trailers or reels when the final film is not yet available. Organize selects for editor in our cloud storage system and be in contact with senior rights and contract manager to make sure proper rights are cleared for use.
- Awards and Festivals – work with Series Producer to track the awards and festival calendar to make sure deadlines are being met.
- Provide support related to renewal broadcasts of programs (i.e. research and outreach for current tax documentation/contact information)
- Assist with database entries and database maintenance for program materials
- Interest in the business and legal aspects of production
- Database experience
- Strong research, organizational & planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic video production skills a plus
Internship (Part-time 20 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: