Join the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) for a truly unique experience!
We are currently seeking a Teacher’s Aide, on a part-time, temporary basis, for facilitating a learning pod at the Association’s headquarters in Austin, Texas. These learning pods are to provide small group learning assistance for elementary-age children of TASB employees as they attend to the remote learning requirements directed by their home campus.
The Teacher’s Aide is primarily responsible for assisting the learning center teacher in coordinating and/or facilitating the remote instruction that has been provided by the student’s home campus(es).
- Ensure the student can access the provided lesson plans and provide or obtain appropriate assistance.
- Assist with identifying and availing appropriate activities, materials, equipment, and technology that align with the remote learning requirements provided by the student’s home campus.
- Assist with conducting assessment of student progress and provide appropriate reports to Director and/or student’s parent(s).
- Work with other members of staff to verify instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Escalate any concerns about the student’s progress to the Learning Center Teacher or the Director.
Student Growth and Development
- Assist with conducting ongoing assessment of student achievement through feedback mechanisms provided by the student’s home campus.
- Be a positive role model for students; support TASB’s mission and the guiding principles as provided by the child’s home campus.
Learning Center Management and Organization
- Assist with creating a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with The Corner School Codes of Conduct.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in identifying and coordinating required supplies including books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Create and maintain a warm and inviting atmosphere filled with empathy, compassion, and kindness.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, and colleagues.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with organizational regulations and policies.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Follow facility safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
- Ability to work well with children
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Knowledge of remote instruction
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in common computing applications, including accessing the Internet, using video conferencing platforms, device applications, and peripherals such as computer audio, headphones, microphones, and printers
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or hold a General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Valid Texas educational aide certificate preferred
- At least 1 year of experience working with children
- Requires pre-employment background check and educational verification
- This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers
- Must be able to work a consistent schedule, Monday through Friday
- Position involves frequent walking, sitting, prolonged standing, frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- May be required to lift and move up to 15 lbs. at a time
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
TASB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, disability, religion, sex, national origin, or age. TASB does not sponsor H-1B visas. This position is subject to a background check. Any job offer is contingent upon receipt of results of a satisfactory background check.