Every Voice National Development Fellowship (Remote)
Every Voice National Development Fellowship
Fall 2020 Undergraduate Fellowship Opportunity / Every Voice Coalition / Remote Work
BECOME AN ADVOCATE FOR CHANGE
Throughout history, students have been at the forefront of social change, from civil rights to voting rights to marriage equality. Today, students across every campus face an urgent crisis that calls us all to action: the epidemic of sexual violence on our college campuses.
Campus sexual violence is a systemic problem that won’t be addressed until students come together and form a movement to change both our culture and our institutions.
Every Voice was created by students and survivors, for students and survivors. Over the past five years, we have led an all-volunteer movement for change that has brought thousands of students together across the country and led to groundbreaking, student-written and survivor-centered bills being filed in five state legislatures.
Now, Every Voice is embarking on a fundraising campaign to take our advocacy to the next level. We are looking for students who want to build key fundraising, development, and leadership skills while tackling this new challenge. As a member of the first ever Every Voice National Development Fellowship class, you have the opportunity not just to become part of that movement, but to learn the skills to help grow and lead it.
Fellows will be matched with personal mentors, and trained in some of the core skills of non-profit development and leadership: media & communications, fundraising, social media, and strategic planning. Fellows will join the Every Voice Founding Leadership Team, which will lead the effort to build a sustainable and scalable national movement to pass student-written, survivor-centered legislation in states across the country.
- Location: The fellowship program is entirely remote, and open to students anywhere in the US
- Time Commitment: The fellowship program has two part time options (15 or 20 hrs per week)
- Fellowship Duration: Fellowships will last for a 12-week period, from Monday, September 21st to Friday, December 4th.
- Stipend: Based on need, fellows will be eligible to receive a stipend of up to $1,000 to cover costs of living during the program.
- Credit: If your school allows fellowships for credit, Every Voice will work with you to navigate that process.
- Oversight: Fellows will be supervised by experienced Every Voice organizers and leaders, including members of the Every Voice founding team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of the Every Voice National Development Fellowship class, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a team of passionate and committed volunteers who, like you, are committed to equity and human rights, and who won’t stay silent in the face of injustice. You will work with students at colleges across the country to ensure that student voices, both survivors and allies, are included in the conversation about addressing campus sexual violence. And you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of the student-led team that builds the foundation of a national movement.
For students seeking to gain experience in policy, public speaking, communication, fundraising, or media, the Every Voice National Development Fellowship represents a unique opportunity to help you learn, grow, and gain the skills you need.
By the end of the Fall semester, you will be trained on and have hands-on experience with
- Applying for non-profit grants
- Creating a national-scale development strategy pitch
- Developing website and social media content
- Writing and placing at least one media story or op-ed
Plus: Networking and educational opportunities with non-profit fundraising and development experts
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A passion for working to end campus sexual violence
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- An interest in advocacy, politics, or non-profit development
- Experience with fundraising or grant writing
- Application Due Date: Sunday, August 26th
- Decisions Returned: Monday, September 7th
- Fellowship Start Date: Monday, September 21st
Every Voice is a student-led coalition including students, survivors, advocates, and experts who believe that more needs to be done to make our campuses safe for all students. Working the support of our partners including Know Your IX, End Rape on Campus, and SurvJustice, Every Voice bills have now been filed in five states: Massachusetts, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Illinois, and Connecticut. Today, more than 100,000 supporters have signed on in support of the Every Voice legislation. Students across the country agree: every voice should be heard.
The Every Voice Coalition is a fiscally sponsored project of Social Good Fund, a California nonprofit corporation and registered 501(c)(3) organization.