Thinktown America, the American-based division of Thinktown Education, is seeking a motivated, entry-level Educational Consultant to work full-time in our New Jersey/New York office (Currently we are working from home through January 2021). We have a role-playing learning culture and each newly join member at this position is expected to take at least 3 roles of the following options:
- ES: Editing college application materials and providing tailored guidance for students, helping them develop compelling narratives and strengthen their writing skills over time
- BS: Brainstorming essay topics and ideas with students, both in-person and via online platforms
- Tutor: Teaching online liberal arts courses to individual students, including subjects such as British literature, Spanish language, creative storytelling, and academic writing
- Instructional Designer: Design client-tailored education curricula and programs, provide professional consultations to prospective clients, work with other Instructional Designers and Product Managers to define the scope of learning experiences, clarify learning objectives, timelines, and projected outcomes
- Business Product Manager (BPM): Support one or part of an educational product, which may involve conducting market research, writing product handbook, coordinating strategies, monitoring project progress and collecting regular product feedback
The responsibilities may also include:
- Analyzing student qualities, experiences, and profiles to develop personal branding strategies for use in effective essays and admissions interviews
- Collaborating and communicating with international offices to effectively serve clients
- Delivering presentations about aspects of the U.S. college experience to a variety of audiences, including potential clients, current students and parents, and company executives
- Developing internal documents and updating existing documents to improve new employee training and provide instructional guides that enhance essay editing service
· A bachelor’s degree from a top college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.5
· An interest in education and working in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills as well as attention to detail
· A proactive and results-oriented approach
· Experience editing academic assignments, application essays, and/or résumés
· Experience instructing students who are English Language Learners (ELL/ESL)
· Profiency in Mandarin Chinese helpful but not required
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible/Open to 2020 and 2021 graduates
Current employee benefits and perks include, but are not limited to:
· Flexible work hours, five sick days, and two weeks of paid vacation
· Competitive medical, vision, and dental insurance packages
· Commuter benefits plus supplemental insurance plans
· Full access to WeWork amenities(not applicable in Work-from-home period)
Opened in 2009, THINKTOWN Education is an international organization that provides one-stop education solutions for students in grades 6-12. We specialized in the services like test preparation, academic improvement, and holistic educational development and consulting, particularly for students who are currently studying or planning to study at institutions of higher education in the United States. Over the past ten years we have served over 22,000 students and their families in more than 2,200 schools worldwide.
To apply for this position, please click the link here and fill out the required information to complete your application. The application requires a résumé and cover letter. Please also indicate your preferred roles in the application form.
You may also submit a creative or academic writing sample to showcase your work. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thinktown America is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees.