Division Manager, Watershed Field Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus five (5) years of related experience.
- Two (2) years of which were in a lead capacity.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
- Extensive experience with emergency response.
- Extensive experience with management of natural and engineered storm water conveyance assets.
- Extensive experience with ecosystem restoration projects.
- Extensive experience with regulatory compliance.
- Extensive experience with budget development, monitoring, reporting, and forecasting.
- Extensive experience with managing multiple work groups, work efforts and schedules; particularly from remote work locations in extreme work conditions.
- Experience developing and managing performance metrics.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Direct the programs/projects/activities of the division/section.
2. Prepare and monitors division/section budget.
3. Set division policy and ensure division is aligned with Department goals.
4. Oversee/perform contract development, preparation, and monitoring.
5. Perform economic forecasting and evaluation of division/section related programs.
6. Prepares financial summaries/reports for management review.
7. Develop/establish goals and priorities for departmental programs.
8. Provide review of and/or prepare technical reports.
9. Conduct needs assessment studies.
10. Evaluate program operations for effectiveness and efficiency to include workforce utilization.
11. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and city codes, ordinances and regulations.
12. Enforce quality assurance/quality control initiatives.
13. Serve as member of and/or coordinate with various boards, commissions, etc.
14. Provide technical advice and assistance to citizens, City Management, contractors, etc.
15. Perform short term, long term planning.
16. Promotes a safety program within the Division for all employees.
17. Ensures Compliance with Division performance measures.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Recommend termination when necessary.
Perform disciplinary actions when required.
Administer Success Strategy Performance Reviews (SSPR’s).
Conduct employee evaluations.
Establish expectations and counsel employees on their performance.
Train or arrange for training of employees as applicable.
Utilize available methods of reward and recognition whenever possible.
Monitor attendance, approve timesheets and requests for time off.