Fall Part-time online elementary English instructor
Part-time online elementary level English instructor
We are a Northwest Austin Learning Center which provides youth language learning, academic enrichment and a variety of other classes. We are seeking enthusiastic, talented, and responsible instructors to teach elementary school level English writing/reading/grammar in our fall enrichment program. Each class meets twice per week with one-hour long class time through the fall, so you may be expected to teach one or more classes over the fall if hired. Experienced instructors or undergraduate, graduate students with teaching experience are strongly encouraged to apply for this instructor position. If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter, references, and contact information. Qualified applicants will receive an online zoom interview and online demonstration lecture to a small group of elementary students.
Succeed Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize class teaching material, lessons, readings, homework, etc. for the class you'll be assigned to teach based on the materials provided by ACES
- Teach grammar, critical reading skills, and writing to elementary school students
- Monitor students’ progress using written notes and google classroom
- Communicated with parents regarding student progress
- Grade student assignments in a timely manner
- Establish a learning environment that is conductive to learning
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or current junior or senior
- Experience in teaching English preferred
- Capable to teach a wide range of elementary level writing subjects
- Detail oriented, organized, responsible, patient, and punctual
- Excellent oral communication skills
We encourage current undergraduate or graduate students to apply. You can work from your apartment and help other elementary students who are in a virtual learning environment.