eLearning Associate/Instructional Designer
The eLearning Associate designs and develops eLearning events and products that position AIHA as a leader in providing innovative learning experiences to OHS professionals. The eLearning Associate is a core contributor to growing and enhancing AIHA’s eLearning portfolio, which includes online conferences, webinars, rebroadcasts, live and asynchronous self-study courses, and OnDemand recordings. The Associate works closely with internal project teams and subject matter experts in a project-based role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Instructional Design & Development
- Design, develop, and author highly effective, results driven eLearning products to support the learning and development needs of OHS professionals and other target audiences.
- Engage/collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and SMEs to conduct needs analysis; identifying the knowledge, skills, and abilities gaps of a targeted audience. Define learning objectives, modalities and expectations.
- Create prototypes, storyboards, and design documentation that effectively communicate design.
- Leverage appropriate instructional strategies based on content type, learner attributes, delivery platforms, and business need.
- Develop detailed design plans, which include key activities, timelines, and resource requirements needed to achieve objectives.
- Clearly articulate rationale for learning approaches based on sound learning science, adult learning principles, and web accessibility standards.
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to support projects from initiation to project delivery.
- Effectively utilize design models such as ADDIE, SAM, and design thinking.
- Work independently to meet deadlines while coordinating with and soliciting input on materials from subject matter experts; develop relationships and work with the subject matter experts to validate course design and content
- Use assessment tools & solicited feedback to evaluate training effectiveness
- Keep informed of new technologies impacting operations and strategies to ensure current and effective learning content
- In coordination with Program Director, develop and execute entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to online education to ensure financial success
- In coordination with Program Director, develop accurate projections, monitor income and expenses, and ensure the maintenance of accurate and detailed records
- Pursue professional development opportunities to stay apprised of innovative and emerging techniques, platforms and methodologies in the eLearning and adult education fields.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or some combination of training and education experience that demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities for the position. Master’s degree in adult education, instructional design, or other related program preferred.
- 2 years related experience working within an association or non-profit environment
- At least 5 years of experience with education program design, development, delivery, and evaluation
- Experience authoring eLearning course content and developing scenarios
- Experience writing and recording audio and video scripts
- Experience using common authoring and course development tools (Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS), including SCORM packaging, testing and uploading courses.
- Knowledge of adult learning/continuing education
To Truly Excel, You Will
- Focus on keeping projects and people organized and moving towards a common goal/deadline while also maintaining standards and best practices
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to multi-task
- Experience leading project teams
- Be a quick learner who isn’t afraid of technology
- Be able to work independently, manage groups of volunteers and co-workers, and establish/meet deadlines
- Stay abreast of changes in the information technology field
Travel to the annual conference may be required for this position.