Accounts Receivable Specialist
About the Role
This part-time position requires some accounting experience with excellent communication skills to assist AIHA’s Senior Accountants in accounts receivable activity, billings, and general accounting services for multiple entities including but not limited to AIHA, LLCs and Foundations. We are anticipating the role working 20 hours/week during normal business hours. The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process daily lockbox deposits and enter control batches in Association Anywhere (AA) database.
- Enter miscellaneous transactions in Great Plains.
- Enter A/R payments for AIHA & Foundation accounts in AA database.
- Processes credit card batches in the AA database
- Supports AIHA and the LLCs with invoicing and adjusting of accounts, statements, government billings, and purchase orders
- Assists AIHA and LLCs with information related to collections.
- Reviews, posts, and transfers all batches in AA database to Great Plains.
General Ledger/Financial Activities:
- Assists Senior Accountants with month end closing.
- Creates daily cash report
- Resolves issues related to outstanding checks over 90 days for all accounts
- Maintains employee postage records
- Assist with audit preparation
- Provide backup for selected duties of other Finance department team members
- Ensure all accounting policies are followed by staff and report any possible infractions to CFO
- Attend Finance Department, All Staff, and any other department meetings requested
Education & Experience
- Associate’s Degree
- Previous experience in an office setting, preferably in an association or non-profit, internships will be considered
- Understanding of basic accounting principals
- Very strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Great Plains accounting software
- Hands on experience working with an Association Management System (AMS) or other type of database
To Truly Excel, You Will
- Have exemplary attention to detail and a customer service focused mindset
- Be able to handle confidential information and use discretion when necessary
- Be able to communicate and work with employees and customers
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in your work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks, shifting priorities, and informational needs
- Be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, and successes with the appropriate parties