Legal Analyst-Crypto Regulations | Remote
Shift Markets provides cryptocurrency exchange and brokerage trading technology, liquidity, digital asset listing and tokenization services to a global clientele. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York City, Shift has more than 40 years of cumulative electronic trading experience and an extensive FX broker network. We are looking for a talented Compliance Analyst. The person in this role will work cross-functionally but will report to our internal Compliance Counsel. The primary responsibilities for this role are researching crypto licenses and working with clients to complete licensing.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience in the crypto space l and who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Research financial licenses world-wide
• Vet clients according to our AML policy
• Speak with clients about their paperwork and license requirements
• Organize contracts, policies and procedures and corporate documents
• Keep up with regulatory filing deadlines
• Capable of handling confidentiality information
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• Analytical thinker
• Tech savvy and a quick learner
• Knowledge of AML and KYC procedures
• Knowledge of OFAC and FATF rules
• Background in law or compliance
• Proficiency with MS Office and Google apps
• Experience with cryptocurrency and money transmission strongly preferred
• Hold ACAMS/CRCM/BSA or similar type certification, or interest in becoming certified
• 1 to 2+ years of professional experience in the legal or compliance fields, preferably working with cryptocurrency
• Bachelor’s degree required; JD or professional degree preferred
This is a full-time, remote-based role. The option to work in our New York City office is also available. Full benefits. Salary depends on experience, with the range starting at $60,000 for someone with a JD.