After-School Student Support Staff - AmeriCorps
Readers 2 Leaders is now hiring Student Support Staff to help mentor & teach elementary students in West Dallas this coming school year. This is a great opportunity for current and recently graduated college students, and those looking for more career experience in education or with students.
Some details on the position:
Term of Service:
- 9/14/2020-6/4/2021 (must commit to serving full term)
- approximately 20-22 hours per week (mandatory availability: Monday-Thursday 3-6pm)
- $5,400 living allowance (will be paid through semi-monthly paychecks)
- $2,360 education award (available after completing the full term and all requirements and can be applied towards student loans or future tuition and fees)
- acting as a mentor & role model
- assisting with after-school planning and preparations
- leading hands-on art/STEM/etc activities
- tutoring/assisting students with homework
- working 1-on-1 with students
- facilitating rotations of students in the computer lab and more!
*These responsibilities are to be performed under normal in-person conditions. Due to Covid-19 and potential school/site closures, changes may be made portions of these duties to allow them to take place in an online virtual learning format.
- Complete AmeriCorps application here
- email resume & copy of complete AmeriCorps application to jobs @readers2leaders.org
More information about the AmeriCorps program at Readers 2 Leaders can be found on our website