Clinical Research Coordinator I/II (TAM2002.20)
The Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to support the clinical research of the VAPAHCS by overseeing assigned clinical research studies in kidney disease and dialysis. Duties involve coordinating studies, recruiting and screening potential subjects, managing study participants, survey administration, performing physical measurements, biospecimen storage and maintaining regulatory documents, under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI).
This is a full-time position. Location: Palo Alto, CA.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Sick Pay
- 13 paid Holidays
- Life Insurance - paid by PAVIR
- Long-term and Short-Term Disability Insurance - paid by PAVIR
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match and Profit Share
- Wellness Program
- Commuter Benefits
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
- Recruit, screen, and interview study subjects, ensuring eligibility and understanding of the study;
- Coordinate outreach efforts within the facility and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to enhance recruitment activities for the study;
- Explain the study and obtain the informed consent from the subjects;
- Coordinate and manage all daily activities of the study;
- Ensure study activities follow established protocol;
- Administer study surveys and other measurements on study subjects;
- Schedule biospecimen collection and processing and oversee biospecimen storage and shipment;
- Assure study interventions are completed per protocol;
- Serve as a liaison between the study subjects and the PI concerning any problems or adverse events;
- Collect and enter clinical data in the case report form and data management system;
- Maintain databases for tracking subjects for follow up;
- Maintain operational manual and update as needed;
- Manage project budget;
- Prepare and manage IRB protocol and any approved sub-pilot(s) of the study;
- Maintain record of adverse events;
- Participate in conference calls with the study coordinating centers;
- Prepare project manuscripts and reports in collaboration as required by coordinating center, NIH, data safety monitoring board, or institutional review committees;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Health Sciences or related field is required.
License: Valid Driver's License is required.
- Required: At least 1 year of related experience. This may include prior experience as a research coordinator, experience working with patients in a clinical setting, reporting adverse events, and/or subject recruitment;
- Desired: 2 years or more of experience as a research study coordinator; experience working in clinical trials and/or working with IRBs.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Previous experience conducting clinical research;
- Ability to read and understand study protocol and ensure compliance;
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the research field;
- Ability to understand and follow VA procedures and safety issues in regard to clinical research trials;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding clinical studies;
- Strong ability to problem solve clinical research situations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Knowledge of database management;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and coordinate and follow through on multiple tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to present research milestones in conferences and meetings.
Physical Demands: Lifting up to 15 lbs occasionally, sitting, and standing for long periods of time, bending, repetitive motion, etc. Will encounter patients who have impaired cognitive function, and/or limited mobility.
Environmental Conditions: Exposure to office and clinical environment. Occasional travel will be required to Livermore.
PAVIR engages in nonprofit medical research and works with sponsors and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS) in administering funds for conducting research to find new and improved ways to combat human disease and help people with disabilities. Please refer to our website for additional information: www.pavir.org
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - Human Resources department.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the external application link on Handshake. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.