Fall Internship - Digital News
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
WGBH News Digital is a dynamic team with a wide breadth of editorial responsibilities, including creating original content, copy-editing the digital component of television and radio stories, and strategizing impactful social media features. We focus on local stories that have national impact and national stories that say something about how we are living our lives in New England.
For the Digital News Intern are looking for a self-starter who with excellent news judgement, who is up to the challenge of tackling many different projects — often with competing deadlines — throughout the day. This person will work closely with our audience engagement editor to create social media posts, write data heavy-stories and make sure the site is up-to-date with the latest news. You will get hands-on experience with digital journalism in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Engage our audience through social media outreach
- Pitch and write stories under your own byline
- Work on breaking news
- Work with our staff on photo shoots and other visual assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Stellar news judgment
- Social media savvy
- Previous experience in media or journalism
- Some photography or visual journalism experience preferred, if interested
- in focusing on photography
- Superbly organized and able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and shifting priorities
- Excellent communication skills — written, oral and listening
- Ability to understand work environment, interpersonal dynamics, and the context of decision-making on a variety of levels
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and apply to daily tasks
- Collaborative approach and nature
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work and presentation
- Willingness to learn
Internship (Part-time up to 20 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: