Fall Internship - Under the Radar
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Under the Radar with Callie Crossley is a one-hour news and public affairs program airing weekly on WGBH on Sundays from 6-7pm. The program focuses primarily on local issues and stories that bubble up from hyper-local news outlets. Under the Radar also frequently expands on topical national and wider cultural conversations by drawing in perspectives from a rich landscape of alternative presses, professions and academia in Boston, culminating in a diverse mix of voices rarely heard elsewhere in public radio.
Under the Radar is seeking an intern to work alongside the Associate Producer on daily production tasks such as pitching potential segment ideas, booking guests, compiling research and pulling audio to use in show taping. While Under the Radar airs on Sunday, all show production takes place during regular work-week hours (9AM-5PM, Monday-Friday).
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in community journalism
- Commitment to highlighting diverse and underrepresented perspectives
- Social media savvy
- Eye for emerging and under reported stories
- Must be a self-starter
- Experience in journalism
- Experience in audio production (Adobe Audition, Audacity or similar)
- Superbly organized and able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills — written, oral and listening
- High level proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of financial concepts (cash flow, budgeting, etc.)
- Ability to understand work environment, interpersonal dynamics, and the context of decision-making on a variety of levels
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and apply to daily tasks
- Past office experience preferred
- Collaborative approach and nature
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work and presentation
- Strong drive to achieve
- Willing to take appropriate initiative and exercise good judgment to get the job done
- Customer Service orientated
- Personal integrity and ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Willingness to learn
Internship (Part-time up to 20 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: