Fall Internship - WGBH News Investigative Reporting
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
WGBH News Center For Investigative Reporting is the investigative reporting and training unit at Boston’s local NPR station. Its mission is to expose injustice through investigative reporting and to train the next generation of investigative reporters. The Center was founded at Boston University in 2009 as the New England Center for Investigative Reporting by journalists Joe Bergantino and Maggie Mulvihill, and the Center continues to be involved in teaching and training programs at BU. The Center established its permanent residence in the WGBH newsroom in July 2019.
The Investigative Reporting Intern will get a hands-on experience working on investigative projects that will be distributed through our media partners.
- Data and document research
- Shoe-leather reporting (legwork for reporters)
- Data visualization
- Previous journalism experience
- Research experience
- Computer and database experience
Internship (Part-time up to 20 hours)
WGBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
FALL 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
· Fall 2020 Virtual Internship dates: September 14th - December 18th.
· You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
· Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
· Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram: