Director of Clinical Services (at Lao Friends Hospital for Children)
We are seeking a Director of Clinical Services at Lao Friends Hospital for Children (LFHC), an acute pediatric teaching hospital with 45+ beds, located in Lunag Prabang, Lao PDR.
This is an ideal position for an experienced pediatrician who would like to combine an exciting clinical role with the experience of global health care. Opportunities for professional development may include working on clinical practice guidelines, quality improvement projects, pediatric education, and research or other projects, depending on area of interest.
Specific Duties Include:
- Supervising the clinical team: responsible for the medical supervision of the clinical aspect of the hospital (physicians and nurses included) with a mix of clinical shifts in the outpatient department, emergency department, inpatient department and neonatal unit, with close collaboration with LFHC Medical Executive Team.
- Providing bedside education, mentoring, consultation, and guidance with clinical care to Lao medical staff and visiting volunteer doctors and nurses.
- Sharing back-up call (day and night).
- Lead by example in demonstrating excellent care on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- A Medical Degree from a nationally recognized medical school and 15+ years of experience
- Registration to practice clinical medicine in the applicant’s home country
- Recent clinical experience in the practice of acute pediatric medicine or related field
- Willingness to work in a multicultural team
- Commitment to providing compassionate and nurturing care to patients
- Strong leadership skills
- Additional training or experience in acute pediatrics and tropical medicine
- Experience working in a developing country
- Teaching experience
Visit www.fwab.org/laos for further information. Full job description can be viewed here: www.fwab.org/careers.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.