Special Projects Intern
The Kendra Scott Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Institute (WEL Institute) at The University of Texas at Austin will strengthen the next generation of courageous, creative female leaders who will change the world — in business and beyond. Through an environment of community, diversity, inclusivity and empowerment, we will redefine leadership and entrepreneurship by growing the number of women-owned and women-led businesses. Learn more at ksinstitute.utexas.edu.
Working closely with the Program Manager for the WEL Institute, the Special Projects Intern is responsible for providing support to the Kendra Scott Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Institute through a variety of channels; including research projects, peer analysis reports, strategic planning, curriculum development, program support, and others to be assigned. The Special Projects Intern will assist with the development and design of core WEL Institute initiatives, and other strategic tasks as assigned.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As the Special Projects Intern, 10-15 hours a week you will…
- Conduct research for WEL Institute-related projects;
- Conduct an ongoing and in-depth peer analysis to better understand the landscape of Women Entrepreneurial Leadership initiatives nationally and internationally;
- Assist in curriculum development for WEL Institute-sponsored projects and programs;
- Promote and present the WEL Institute throughout campus and participate in events, presentations, speaker series, and resources;
- Be instrumental in creating processes and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective operation and build out of the WEL Institute;
- Assist in the Marketing & Communications efforts of the WEL Institute;
- Assist in the Programs & Events efforts of the WEL Institute;
- Assist in the planning and promotion of the Women’s Summit for the WEL Institute;
- Support general front desk and office operations, including maintenance of space and high-level customer service/hospitality;
- Participate in regular trainings and development activities to promote team building and collaboration, as well as individual development;
- Other duties as assigned.
Career Readiness Competencies:
As the Special Projects Intern, you will strengthen the below competencies.
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving - demonstrate originality and inventiveness
- Teamwork / Collaboration - Build collaborative relationships with colleagues and customers representing diverse cultures, races, ages, religions, lifestyles, and viewpoints
- Leadership - Leverage the strengths of others to achieve common goals
- Career Management - Understand how to self-advocate for opportunities
- Oral / Written Communications - Display public speaking skills and express ideas to others
- Digital Technology - Demonstrate effective adaptability to new and emerging technologies
- Professionalism / Work Ethic - Demonstrate personal accountability, ability to learn from mistakes, and effective work habits
- Global / Intercultural Fluency - Demonstrate openness, inclusiveness, sensitivity, and the ability to interact respectfully with all people and understand individuals’ differences.
- Strong involvement and executive leadership experience in other UT campus organizations and enterprises.
- Experience creating processes and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective operation of a student-run organization or enterprise.
- Writing and proofing skills are also required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frame.
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Proficiency in Google Drive, #Slack, Trello, and/or Airtable preferred.
- Available to work 5-10 hours per week during the fall semester between the hours of 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST.
Applications close on 8/15/2020 at 11:55 p.m.