CitySquare AmeriCorps Food Pantry Ambassador
To apply for Fall 2020 positions, fill out an application online: tinyurl.com/CtsqAmeriCorps
AmeriCorps is a national community service program that allows thousands of Americans to give back to their community and get paid to do it! CitySquare AmeriCorps Fall 2020 members serve vulnerable populations in programs at CitySquare and at partnering nonprofits in North Texas.
Meeting the need of our food insecure neighbors is more important job than ever. AmeriCorps positions at the CitySquare Food Pantry help train new volunteers, maintain food safety and facility cleanliness, and ensure our donation inventory is optimized. Grow professionally and personally while making an impact in your community!
This service opportunity is highly interpersonal and requires that members serve well with others. Members must be able to accommodate changing service conditions and diverse points of view.
The AmeriCorps Food Pantry Ambassador serves with the CitySquare Food Pantry. Primary duties include reinforcing food pantry volunteer policies and procedures, brainstorming and implementing ways to enhance the volunteer experience, assisting the Volunteer Specialist with preparing for scheduled groups and individual volunteers, creating a welcoming and hospitable environment for pantry shoppers and volunteers, data collection/entry, building rapport with retail/corporate partners, helping ensure the pantry floor stays stocked, cleaned, and organized, and providing back-up as needed for the intake desk. All members serve under the supervision of an on-site supervisor.
Benefits of becoming a CitySquare AmeriCorps Member:
- Members receive a $3,000 living allowance (broken down and paid in biweekly installments during the term)
- Members receive a $1,638.89 education award at the end of their term (can be used for tuition or student loans)
- Professional development training and networking opportunities
- Some service positions may fulfill college and university internship requirements
- Available from September 1, 2020 – December 18, 2020
- Available 35 hours per week during business hours, M-F 8 am-4 pm
- High School Graduate (17 or older)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Deferred action and temporary permanent resident do not qualify)
- Able to access reliable transportation
- Able to pass a criminal background check
To apply for Fall 2020 positions, fill out an application online: