Digital Graphic Designer Needed humanID - Intern with Harvard-based Cybersecurity Non-profit
Who we are:
humanID is an ambitious open source project, aiming to preserve online privacy, stop fake news and end cyber-bullying.
The team includes several Harvard & MIT graduate students, as well as senior engineers, cyber-security experts and experienced entrepreneurs.
humanID is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
humanID launched in July 2020 after 18 months of research and development, and experts from MIT, NATO and Google have confirmed the huge potential in fighting back social media manipulation, fake news and data leaks.
What we're looking for:
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where interns take over real responsibilities and experience a true tech startup, with a strong focus on your individualized learning goals! Our previous interns from Harvard, MIT, Berkeley and Columbia were leading teams, initiatives, sales calls and much more.
All roles will work directly with the founders, 2 recent HBS graduates based in Cambridge. We're a small team and will ensure that roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives.
Job Duties Include:
* Revise previous work to create a unified aesthetic for our brand materials
* Elaborate on and expand our current branding guidelines for the company
* Develop an infographic template for our podcasts (emphasizing the guest and humanID’s brand) to be used on Anchor and Twitter
* Develop 8-10 versatile infographic templates to be used on Twitter and LinkedIn, similar in nature to those created by the Red Cross (Twitter)
* Design 3-5 Twitter banners
* Create 2-3 google slides templates and 2-3 document templates for in-house use
* Review our website and give constructive criticism
* Plan, analyze, and create visual solutions
* Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* Strong ability to communicate ideas visually and verbally
* Desire to learn more about cybersecurity and help develop our brand
* An eye for detail
* Leadership on projects and initiative in a fast-paced environment
Location & Details:
We have been remote and globally setup even before the recent events, and welcome team members from anywhere.
Roles can be part-time (min. 15 hours/week) or full-time, and will not be paid - everyone in the company is 100% volunteer. We're accommodating both to students looking to volunteer while studying, but also to students who are deferring school to collect some real life experience while school is virtual.
You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact!
You’ll be working in a real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We've built an awesome team and a product that can change the world!
If you’re interested to chat, please fill out this form to schedule a chat, or find more info at www.human-id.org