Human Rights Campaign Internship
The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
The Human Rights Campaign is seeking engaging, passionate interns.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
- Research and data collection
- Assist with preparing HRC events
- Communicate with external partners
- Update department inventory and other administrative tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive)
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize many projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal communication, small-group communication, verbal communication, and written communication
- Receive education on LGBTQ and civil rights issues
- Obtain a better understanding of politics
- Learn the ins and outs of a non-profit
- Accessible networking opportunities
- We require you to receive college credit to participate in the program
- This internship is remote
- Resume, cover letter and writing samples should be presented in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format
- Please visit our intern FAQs
For any other questions, please email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to respond in a timely manner about individual application inquiries.