Goldman Sachs Early Careers |Software Engineer, Operations Engineering (Full Stack/Back-End) | Salt Lake City
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering is at the critical center of our businesses. Our dynamic environment requires strategic thinking that is innovative and produces smart solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
GLOBAL MARKETS OPERATIONS
Operating at the center of global financial markets, our Global Markets professionals serve institutional clients including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Banks and Brokerages, Pensions, Endowments and Foundations, Corporations, and Governments. We seek to deliver to our clients leading market insight, risk management and execution, helping them to raise money, invest, and transfer risk across financial asset classes.
Global Market Operations provides client onboarding support, post-trade transaction services and post-trade portfolio services. Our Client Coverage Group manages key client relationships to enhance the client experience front to back. We support the FICC and Equities businesses to develop and deliver new products, services and markets. Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Ability to solve problems and apply analysis to make data driven decisions.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
- 1+ years of software development experience
Expert Knowledge in One Or More Of
- Programming in Java.
- Solid understanding of core Java concepts, common APIs and design patterns.
- Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience of test-driven development, hands on experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and a sound understanding of SDLC process.
- Knowledge or interest in financial markets
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Related field