Goldman Sachs Early Careers | Software Engineer, Core Engineering (Full Stack/Back-End) | Dallas
Core Engineering is a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, designing, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues from Technology and the business, Core Engineering solves critical problems, maintains and strengthens essential systems, provides training and internal consultancy, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering. As an Engineer within Core Engineering, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on the core of a strategically important system at GS, used by both revenue generating and federation divisions.
- Interact with platform users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe and across various time zones.
- Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative solutions to support the GS business.
- Oversee considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers.
- Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Ability to solve problems and apply analysis to make data driven decisions.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
- 1+ years of software development experience
Expert Knowledge in One Or More Of
- Programming in Java.
- Solid understanding of core Java concepts, common APIs and design patterns.
- Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience of test-driven development, hands on experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and a sound understanding of SDLC process.
- Knowledge or interest in financial markets
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or Related field