Florida Blue employees are driven by our mission of building healthy communities through forward thinking health solutions. Come be a part of a dynamic Actuarial team who has set the standard in developing top talent that is in high demand across our 12,000+ employee population. Your career possibilities are endless as we grow and evolve.
Our interns rave about our campus perks like our athletic facilities, fitness and health center, onsite dining options, and employee activities. We pride ourselves on a culture that embraces flexibility, innovation and diversity. Bring your unique talents and help us advance our mission of helping people and communities achieve better health!
Follow us on Twitter @FLBlue and #WorkWellHere!
· This position is in Jacksonville, FL
· Summer 2021 for 10-12 weeks
· Student housing is provided and located near the St. Johns Town Center and within 10 miles from the beach!
What can an Actuarial Intern at Florida Blue expect?
· Gain an understanding of the broad scope of actuarial work, and how your efforts directly impact the health and well-being of our four million members
· Support the attainment of organization and department business goals
· Provide research, development, and analysis support to meet various Florida Blue departments’ business needs, products, and processes
· Perform accurate and timely research, data collection, analysis, verification, and reporting of data or information
· Work under minimal supervision and adapt to a dynamic, challenging environment
· Assigned direct manager who is in contact daily
· Work on real projects that are used for ongoing analysis
· Attends seminars to learn about other teams within the actuarial department.
· Have the opportunity to present their work to the entire department at the end of the summer
· Currently enrolled as a full-time student and not graduating before the Fall 2021 semester
· Cumulative 3.0 or better GPA
· Basic PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Previous project experience or health care related work
· Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to collaborate with others
· Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. SAS, SQL, VBA, etc.)
· Time management
· Cumulative 3.2 or better GPA