Manager, Advancement Operations
APPLYING TO SUNDANCE
We believe that individuals can spark new ideas that entertain, push creative boundaries, and ignite empathy and understanding that can ultimately lead to social change. We not only look for these attributes in the artists we support, but the extraordinary talent that we hire to bring our mission to life. With that, we encourage individuals from diverse and historically underrepresented communities, as well as those with unique and transferable skill-sets from various industries, to apply to join the Sundance community.
We are looking for a skilled manager to become our newest Advancement team member and who will be charged with creating and facilitating our contributed revenue goals. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working for a mission driven nonprofit organization and have experience in managing collaborations and maintaining deadlines.
Working closely under the direction of the Chief Advancement Officer, you will assist Sundance Institute’s commitment to support independent artists around the world. You will also drive our communications and collaborations across our multi-state offices by managing and maintaining streamlined departmental systems. This position may work full time in any of our offices - Los Angeles, CA, Park City, UT or New York City and may be required to travel to other Institute events and work extended hours, including evenings and weekends at key points throughout the year.
Top priorities for this position include, but aren’t limited to:
- Establish an inventory of current and prospective shared resources that will enhance Advancement team effectiveness and responsiveness to other departments and stakeholders.
- Review and recommend suggestions from the internal communications team that will be established as ongoing procedures and plans.
- Lead timelines and manage procedures related to Advancement communications with stakeholders; collaborate with Marketing.
- Collaborate with each revenue area and serve as central budget manager for all Advancement, functioning as the singular point person to deliver monthly updates on revenue and expense projections to the Finance department.
- Develop and maintain detailed information on prospective donors which are easily searched and sorted by outlined criteria e.g. region, interest, relationship-manager, and prospective gift level, etc.
- Develop customized briefing and solicitation resource materials for volunteers and staff.
- With the Data Analyst, co-lead collaboration with Tech and Finance teams to ensure NetSuite is maintained and accurate with current data.
- Oversee donor acknowledgements and stewardship to ensure timely delivery, to identify recognition opportunities, and support each solicitor as needed.
- Develop, produce, and present special reports, tailored analytics, newsletters, and other communications as requested, collaborating across departments as necessary.
You have the following direct or transferable skill-sets:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 3-5 years of experience in development operations or a related field.
- Past experience managing cross-functional collaborations with an ability to motivate and lead teammates and colleagues who are not direct reports.
- Strong ability in project management to prioritize, organize, and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and develop tactics for addressing issues or requests.
- Genuine passion for and excitement about Sundance Institute’s not-for-profit mission, and a culture defined by collaboration, curiosity, and creativity.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-achieving culture.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours as needed.
In addition to an annual salary of $46,000 to $60,000 (depending on location), this position comes with awesome benefits & perks, including:
• Over 25 paid holidays
• Health, vision, and dental insurance
• Paid sick, family, and medical leave
• 401(k) with automatic 3% employer contribution after one year of employment
• Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)
• Mission driven workplace and amazing co-workers
BEFORE YOU APPLY
If you have the qualifications, feel this is a position that you would enjoy and excel in, then send us a cover letter along with your resume. Please use your cover letter to give us a summary of an accomplishment in a similar role and why Sundance Institute would be your employer of choice!