Position Title: Development Coordinator
Location: Duxbury / Boston
Crossroads inspires young people to unlock their potential and positively impact the world. With summer camp and school-year programs starting as early as first grade and continuing through high school and into the postsecondary realm, Crossroads nurtures youth as they build the leadership and social-emotional skills required to become physically and mentally healthy adults, socially engaged citizens, and financially independent professionals. We believe that young people can shape their own futures and should not be defined by their social and economic circumstances. Our programming provides children and teens with access to a powerful community that offers countless opportunities to develop the essential skills needed to successfully navigate school and the postsecondary arena.
Crossroads seeks a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills to serve as the full-time Development Coordinator. This individual will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the Development Team and President, and will be responsible for key development functions including database management, gift processing, events, and administrative support.
● Maintain the Raiser's Edge fundraising database (RE), ensuring that all information is entered according to protocol, updated, and accurate.
● Master database functions to provide exemplary donor recognition, moves management tracking, reports and appeal data.
● Implement all aspects of RE management including daily processing of gifts, running all reports and queries, gift coding, exporting, and importing data and mail merges.
● Troubleshoot issues with Blackbaud/RE.
● Ensures accurate and timely data pulls from the RE database for mail appeals, event invitations, and development department activities.
● Provide requested donor information to Finance for annual audit.
Donation Processing & Stewardship
● Enter all gifts into the donor database with accurate information on donor intent, purpose, etc.
● Draft acknowledgment letters notes to be signed by the Development Director or President and mail 24-48 hours after receipt of gift.
● Reconcile all contributions with the finance department.
● Manage all in-kind contributions and coordinate distribution of gifts.
● Maintain Donor Thank You Log, notifying Development team and President of all gifts made by Board of Directors and managed donors; assign thank you contacts per protocol.
● Provide critical support to the Manager of Donor Communications and Events in managing details related to our annual Urban Campfire and Golf Classic events. Includes maintaining event schedules, communicating with staff regarding upcoming deadlines, and tracking all event details.
● Manage all logistics of Event Committee meetings and calls, including scheduling, preparing materials, setting up room, coordinating food for meetings, etc.
● Work closely with the Director of Leadership Giving on committee management and maintaining the sponsorship pipeline, including pulling and tracking committee lists, managing sponsor tracker, updating fundraising ticker, sending pledge reminders.
● Manage silent auction activities for the Golf Classic event including setting up and maintaining the Mobile Bidding and Silent Auction database, procuring items and producing GIK receipts and following up with in-kind donors.
Research and Prospect Management
● Manage the process by which prospect information is gathered, stored in, and reported from RE
● Conduct initial research on new prospects/donors added to RE, coding appropriately for prospect management
● Conduct individual prospect research including identifying suspects, compiling and writing profiles, tracking current events involving prospects and donors, and helping to prioritize suspect pool.
● Assist Major Gifts Team in producing briefing materials to executive team, members of the Board, and Event Committee members in preparation for donor meetings and solicitation planning
● Serve as the first point of contact for the Development office, responding to donor inquiries and calls.
● Assist in the logistics of donor site visits, quarterly board meetings, and other events or meetings that require significant planning and execution.
● Maintain copies of all gift records in accordance with audit procedures and protocol.
● Maintain documents on the server related to all development functions.
● Provide administrative support to the President and the Development Team (scheduling, filing, drafting correspondence, etc.).
● Take minutes at quarterly board meetings.
Characteristics & Qualifications
● Deep appreciation for the organization's mission for serving youth.
● Extreme attention to detail and a passion for accuracy with the ability to achieve results.
● Superior organizational skills.
● Ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects at one time.
● Ability to build relationships with all levels of management, volunteers, and donors in a professional manner.
● Self-starter who has the ability to work both independently, as well as in a team environment; ability to take directions well.
● Strong communication skills.
● Raiser's Edge experience a plus.
● Limited night and weekend work may be required before and during select events.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 2-3 years of experience in related field.
● Sense of humor!
Interested applicants should submit a personalized cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Crossroads offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individual so diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment