Videography and Communication Coordinator
AmeriCorps VISTA: Videographer and Communication Coordinator
Program Type: AmeriCorps VISTA
Program: Impact Lynn
Program Start/End Date: 09/01/2020-09/01/2021
Work Schedule: Full Time
Education level: College Graduate
Age Requirement: Minimum: 18 Maximum: None
Program Locations: MASSACHUSETTS Boston
Languages: English, Spanish
Accepting Applications: 08/01/2020 - 08/30/2020
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members serve full-time for a year at nonprofit organizations or local government agencies to build the capacity of these organizations to carry out programs that alleviate poverty.
LEO Inc. provides a safety net of services for at-risk, low-income families, stabilizing them for the short term while investing in a long-term, two-generation approach to education that promotes economic independence and family stability. We partner with individuals, children and families in Lynn, Lynnfield, Marblehead, Nahant, Saugus, Swampscott, and Wakefield to increase participation in programs that maximize their potential. Together we demonstrate that it is possible to break the cycle of poverty and move forward.
LEO’s signature programs are Early Head Start and Head Start, early education and care for children from birth to 5 years; home heating fuel assistance; and energy conservation services that keep homes safe and efficient for residents. LEO’s intake and referral process ensures that our clients have access to the full complement of services for which they qualify. These can include supplemental food distribution, emergency rent and utility assistance, English for speakers of other languages (ESOL), Financial Literacy classes, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and other programs that improve an adult’s ability to be an effective caregiver and head of household.
VISTA Member Benefits:
● In-house training
● A $ 300 rental living allowance provided by LEO
● $6,095 Segal Education award*
*The education award can be used to:
1) repay a qualified student loan; or,
2) pay the cost of attending a qualified institution of higher education
(3) Or, member can choose an end of service Stipend instead of the Segal award.)
● Health insurance coverage
● Experience in nonprofit management; professional development
● Student loan forbearance
● Childcare subsidy, where applicable
● Relocation allowance, where applicable
This is a great opportunity for growing and seasoned professionals with career interests in:
● Digital marketing
● Marketing and Business Development
● Public Administration
● Education reform
● Community service
● The Videographer and Communication Coordinator will support a communication strategy for Impact Lynn’s mission in early education and LEO’s mission as a community action agency.
● Assist Impact Lynn Convener and LEO Director of Development and Communications to develop and disseminate effective outreach materials.
● Utilize different media, such as videography, photography, social, and print, to provide accessible and representative content to the community.
● Be able to use photographic instruments and software to capture and edit content.
● Collaborate and assist with the development of IL multi-language newsletter, website, online communication including social media outlets.
● Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers and build strategic partnerships to grow brand recognition.
● Contribute creative ideas and strategies to promote resources and services LEO Inc. provides to the community.
● Work with other VISTA members to review and edit current community outreach material.
● Ability to read and analyze related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or clients.
● Fluency in Spanish required, third language a plus.
The ideal candidate of our choice would possess:
● Video Production & Photography experience required.
● Experience in Editing, Digital Marketing, & Graphic Design preferred.
● Ability to document visual and written projects for community development and outreach;
● Exceptional and effective communication and writing skills;
● Strong attention to detail and quality control;
● Strong work ethic and organizational skills;
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment;
● Commitment to continuous learning;
● Positive, creative, and professional to facilitate change in the community through effective communication and outreach;
● Flexible and adaptive.
● Requires general computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art Design, Marketing or a related field; or equivalent experience preferred, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Set by Americorps
● Relevant, but not necessary
● Health insurance
● Flexible schedule
● Professional development assistance
● Tuition reimbursement
● Relocation assistance
This Job Is:
● A good fit for a graduate student or young profession who wants to gain experience and get help with their student loans.
● A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
● A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
● A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
● A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply