Office Manager/Human Resource Coordinator
Who We Are: Boys & Girls Clubs of the Austin Area is Austin’s leading youth development agency currently serving more than 12,500 kids at 32 Clubs located in Travis and Bastrop Counties. Every day at the Clubs, stories unfold that show our staff, our families, and our Club kids the most important role of the Boys & Girls Club: to provide our kids with the opportunity to belong, to succeed, to serve their communities, and to share their voice with the world.
Position Objectives: The Office Manager / Human Resource Coordinator (OMHRC) is responsible for assisting the Chief Human Resource Office (CHRO) in the daily operation of the administrative office and human resource processes and functions.
- Responds to general inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Respond to all incoming telephone calls and inquires.
- Assist with job pre-screening applicants and volunteers including conducting reference, education, employment verifications, and/or background checks, new-hire drug testing, and fingerprinting.
- Issues new equipment to staff such as laptops, order name tags and business cards, issue building and office keys.
- Follow up with the related clerical aspects of ending and beginning employment.
- Review HR and Office management invoices monthly and submit Purchase Orders.
- Process all incoming mail and route to appropriate staff.
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies as needed.
- Maintain copier and stamp machine including ordering of supplies and upkeep of corresponding codes.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years of Administrative / Human Resources experience OR 4 years of Administrative / Human Resources experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact professionally with all staff. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, direct, and coordinate processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Above average working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Medical: 100% paid medical for employee-tier. Spouse, Children, and Family tiers are also available.
- Dental and Vision plan options.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability plan options.
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care) plan option.
- 25k Group Term Life and AD&D plan paid by BGCAA.
- Additional Life and AD&D buy-up plans available.
- Safe Harbor 401k plan – BGCAA offers 3% contribution.
- Elective contribution: 401k match of 100% up to 2% of the employee contribution.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Generous PTO offering (starting at 20 days per year; prorated during the calendar year hired) plus 1 additional day per year of employment up to 35 days.
BGCAA is an equal opportunity employer.