Adult Mental Health Services Manager (PEME)
Salary: $5953 to $9209 monthly
Are you qualified to provide program leadership in directing the development and implementation of policies, procedures and program priorities? Do you have experience with state Medicaid and non-Medicaid adult mental health? OHA wants you to be part of its team!
What you will do!
You will assist with ensuring the access and quality of mental health care for eligible Oregonians!
You will ensure conformance to legal requirements; advocates for community and client needs; integrates and coordinates interagency activities; and ensures effective use of resources!
You will assist in reviewing, approving, and directing the unit’s budget requests!
You will be responsible for presenting explanations and justifications for additional resource requests to executive leadership and other stakeholders!
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Three years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation. (Note: One year of experience may be substituted with 45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management.)
- OR Three years of professional experience as a program/project leader, assigning and reviewing work of professional staff (e.g., engineers, etc.) including project responsibility for a) developing goals and objectives, b) project evaluation, and c) monitoring and controlling or preparing a budget.
** In the "Work History" section on your application, you must clearly describe your experience in each of the a), b), c), d) areas listed. Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration. **
- Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
- Experience directing and providing occupational guidance to a team of behavioral health treatment and prevention professionals working with community behavioral health programs.
- Possess professional mental health credentials, knowledge of the treatment of adult mental health disorders and understanding of Statewide Adult Mental Health System of Care.
- In-depth experience working in the field of adult mental health disorders.
- Knowledge of the federal Medicaid program, and the ability to gain knowledge regarding Oregon’s State Medicaid Plan.
- Knowledge of housing development and other such resources for persons with behavioral health needs, or the ability to gain that knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills along with analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external agencies.
- Skilled in planning, organizing and assigning work according to the nature of the job to be accomplished based on the capabilities of subordinates and available resource.
- Skilled in controlling work through periodic reviews and/or evaluations.
- Skilled in determining subordinates' training needs and arranging for such training.
- Skilled in motivating subordinates to work effectively.
- Skilled in determining the need for disciplinary action and either recommending or initiating disciplinary action.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application online at oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-41249