Join MJ for Texas as an Operations Assistant to take part in a key US Senate race for the 2020 cycle. This is a great opportunity to gain scheduling and operations skills on a fast-paced campaign while helping elect a combat veteran and working mom to the Senate.
MJ for Texas is looking for an organized and energized Operations Assistant that will report directly to the Operations Director. The role combines scheduling, project management, business development, and compliance assistance and will work every department on the campaign. In this role, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for managing scheduling requests, invoices, and assist with the day to day calendar.
This position will be based at the campaign’s headquarters in Austin, TX but is flexible given the current circumstances. The position reports to the Director of Operations. Salary and title are commensurate with experience and full medical benefits are provided.
- Administrative: Ensure invoices and reimbursements are organized and attended to on time. Assist with HR duties such as staff onboarding and managing job/internship postings
- Scheduling Support: Triage incoming scheduling requests and keep calendars organized. Attend meetings with departments, consultants, and coordinate action items. Manage the campaign’s zoom account and assist departments with virtual scheduling requests
- Special projects: Most importantly, work to execute special projects that expand and differentiate the campaign’s Operations Department
- Campaign experience preferred but not required
- Ability to work effectively within a flexible, adapting, and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and research skills are essential.
- Previous operations or administrative assistance is not required, but experience demonstrating with strong attention to detail and processes is important
- Self-starting attitude and organizational effectiveness: This role will be most successful if you are able to anticipate needs and look for ways to add more value
To apply, email resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Operations Assistant”